As they say, "Quitters never win." But in reality, you need to quit (and quit often) in order to succeed. But, you have to quit doing the wrong things, not the right ones. Here are 9 things you need to quit to live a remarkable life:
- Mediocrity. Quit doing just good enough. Strive to be the best version of yourself. You can be the best in someone else's world and you can do this by simply being a little bit better than yesterday.
- Conformity. Quit living someone else's life. Pursue your own dreams, your own passion, and your own purpose.
- Practicality. Quit equating everything with money or how much you will earn from it. Do what you love and money will follow.
- Scarcity mentality. Quit fighting for the largest piece of the pie. Quit fighting for what you think you deserve. There's more for everyone. Make the pie bigger or look for another pie. Besides, making the pie bigger forces you to think of a better way, the best way, and there always is. It's just more difficult and less obvious.
- People-pleasing. Quit seeking approval or acceptance. People don't need to understand your dreams. People don't need to be pleased with your decisions. Do what makes sense to you. More importantly, do the right thing (for yourself and for others) even when it's not popular. When you achieve results, people will understand.
- Pride or Ego. In simpler terms, quit doing things out of selfishness. Do things out of love.
- Distractions. Quit being distracted all the time. Quit losing your momentum after a few steps. Stay focused, stay disciplined, and build momentum.
- Delay. Quit delaying. You have all that you need to get started now. Then, just figure things out or perfect them as you go.
- Doubt. Quit doubting yourself and your dreams. You can make things happen only if you truly believe in yourself, in your dreams, and in your ability to figure things out.
Do you have anything else to add to this list? Is there anything else you need to quit to live a remarkable life? Share them in the comments below!