Do you feel as if you're living a boring, routine life?
Why not do something different everyday just to break that routine?
Here are some ideas:
- Wake up an hour earlier
- Instead of drinking coffee, drink something natural like fresh fruit juice
- Go to the office earlier and have a head start
- Jog around the neighborhood or go to the gym
- Eat food from a different culture
- Go on a food trip after work, alone
- Before going home, head to a museum, alone
- Instead of taking the bus, walk going to work
- Instead of firing up your phone or tablet and logging in to Facebook, read a book
- Draw, paint, write, or do any work of art
- Learn how to play a musical instrument (it's never too late to learn, I think); or
- Watch a movie without planning, alone.
You can have your own list! Do things that you enjoy! Just do something different!
Whatever it is that can break your routine, just enjoy it! You can deliberately try something new or you can just try something that randomly comes to mind. Then, just be in the moment and enjoy the experience. There's magic in doing things for the first time.
Who knows? You might even find your life's purpose this way. You discover your passion and your purpose by trying things out. You don't just make a decision and say, "This is my passion."
Later on, maybe you can try two things each day... then, three... then, four... until you completely change your life.
What do you think? What one thing can you do today to break your routine?