While I still believe that everything happens for a reason, I know I have taken a lot of wrong turns and made poor decisions in life and in my career:
- I chose my course in college not because I liked it, but because it was practical (or so I thought).
- At the start of my career, I moved from one company to another, just before a promotion or a more challenging assignment.
- I blogged on and off over the last three years and failed to build on my momentum.
But, I realized that I’m right where I want to be, and just at the perfect time:
- If I didn’t choose my course in college, I wouldn’t have dreamed of starting a business. Now, I’m helping my fiancee with our printing business and its accounting. It was also in college where I discovered my passion of motivating people (sort of).
- If I didn’t jump from one job to another, I wouldn’t have met the amazing people in my life. Or if I succeeded earlier in my career, I wouldn’t have struggled and sought God.
- Blogging on and off helped me refocus on my purpose. It also helped me zone in on what I really want to do here on the blog.
And there’s a lot more.
You may have taken a lot of wrong turns. But when the darkness clears, you’ll realize that you’re just where you want to be, and at the perfect time.
No more regrets maybe?